BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search My Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

"Foolishly Stupid"



I saw the cliff before me,
I thought it might be fun.
My conscience did implore me,*
But I began to run.
I sped to my destruction;
With ignorance I leaped.
Overcome with corruption,
I sowed until I reaped.**
I stepped past the edge,
Unaware as I fell,
Too far from the ledge,
Was on my way to Hell.
My descent grew faster,
As I curled into a ball;
I “ran” from the master;
My desires sped my fall.
My Father saw my end;
I awoke and began to yell.
He stretched out His hand,
And caught me as I fell.
He restored me to safety;
Solid ground for my feet.
He hugged and embraced me,
Then went to take a seat.***
My Father stayed with me;****
Encouraged me and taught.
But I wrestled against He
Whose heart broke as I fought.
I smiled and walked away,
I began to make a rift.
I yelled back, “I’m OK!”
As I walked back to the cliff.

*Romans 2:14-15
"Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them."

**Galatians 6:7
"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."

***Hebrews 10:11-13
"Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool..."

****John 14:16-18
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

0 comments: