BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search My Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Trip in Missions, Pt. 4

Two weeks and counting!  This is quite possibly my last blog post this side of the American border.  I felt compelled to do this post because of two big "things" concerning the trip (I don't know how else to describe them, except to call them "things").  The first one has to do with finances.  I have reached a grand total of a $2,050!!!!  Not only that, but the pastor of Immanuel's Church approached me today as I was walking out of the door.  He told me to come see him next Tuesday, Sept. 6th, and let him know how much has been raised toward the total of $2,400.  The next part is the kicker:  He said that the church will cover whatever amount isn't raised at that time!!!  So amazing...

The second big thing is kind of a combination of two events.  One is that Dr. Jennifer, who has been organizing my stay and information for Mexico, recently broke her arm.  She needs medical attention and her insurance covers American health...so she would need to be in the States. That means that my trip organization will fall to the Short's at the last minute.

The other event is that I just got off the phone with Carol Short.  I spent time with her and her husband, Lee, last time I was in Mexico.  They are the two missionaries that I'm going to join on this return trip.  She informed me that she is currently in Texas, while Lee is still at work in Mexico (Mezcales, to be exact).  The reason she called is because Lee has gotten the attention of someone pretty high up on the totem pole in Mezcales.  Whoever that person is, he doesn't like the work that is being done and is keeping a close eye on Lee's actions--even to the point of monitoring Lee's phone calls.  Lee is still carrying on "business as usual," though.  They called me to ask that I pray about it some more to see if I still want to come serve there.

I will continue to pray, but from what I can see at the moment, I'm still on the same path.  Even though there seems to be mounting opposition to the work there, I'm even more motivated to go!  It almost seems as though the Lord has been preparing me for this decision all year; as much as He has impressed upon me the notion that fear shouldn't drive me.  Not only that, but the provision is THERE!  God is doing something...and something is going to happen...  The adventure is in seeing what that something is!!!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so excited for you! Will definitely be keeping you and prayer, and the ppl you're staying with also, and the ministry and so forth! Spiritual warfare, eh? Sounds rough but exciting, cuz God's doing a work!