BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search My Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Unbridled Faithfulness

You know, after having a pretty terrible first few weeks of being back in the United States, God came through with a pretty amazing week...  Lately, I've been struggling with being back:
- "How do I fit back in around here?"
- "...all of my close friends seem to have moved away..."
- "Are there any ministry opportunities here for me?  Or did I leave them all in Mexico?"

I'll admit, for a while I was a true Israelite in my thinking!  "Why can't I just go back to Mexico?  It was so much better there!!!  I had food, friends, and ministry!!!!"  Lol!  Let me give some background information.  For some reason unbeknownst to me, my finances have been bled COMPLETELY dry.  It's really been a combination of me being in Mexico for 6 months and a crazy wedding week with the Holston's...  Either way, I ended up begging my dad for gas money so I could make it to my new job this week.  Now, we have reached the beginning of my story...

Worship was just finishing up at church as offering was being collected.  I realized that I hadn't yet tithed on the money that my dad had given me for gas.  I wrestled with the thought for a moment.  After all, I needed that money for gas and parking at work ($10 a day)!  If I gave that money to God, there'd be no way for me to take care of those financial responsibilities!  Still, I gave in.  After all, God is sovereign!  He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, for crying out loud!  (Psalm 50:9-10)  $10 won't break HIS pockets!  Lol!  So I gave...

On Monday morning, I headed to the MARC train station around the corner from my house to purchase a MARC/Metro monthly pass for April.  I spent the last of my saved money to secure my travel for April and headed to work, unaware of what awaited me...  When I arrived at work, my boss said that the company would totally expense my MARC/Metro monthly pass (about $227)!!!!  Of course, I won't see the reimbursement for a few weeks, but it's great news!  Whereas most employees have their parking paid for, I'm getting my entire trip to work paid for!!!!  God is incredibly faithful, and His favor is amazing...

About midway through the workday, a lady entered the office to deliver new parking passes for the month of April.  The receptionist started handing them out to the employees who needed them and collected the passes for the month of March.  The thing is, the new passes were for a parking garage under the building.  So pretty much, no one would be using the March passes that were good for in front of the movie theater...  Guess what the receptionist decided to do?  


"Hey Jamil, why don't you use one of these parking passes for the rest of the week and give it back to me when you're done?"


WHAT?!!!!  While I'm at my desk, thinking of how to beg the movie theater people for parking validation so I can afford the cost, God is working behind the scenes to faithfully provide for my needs!  My God is indeed huge!

The end.

NOT!!!  It continues!  You see, back in my senior year of high school, I was looking for an easy "A" class and took web page design.  While in that class, I learned basic HTML!  Um, that's "computer geek" for "I learned to read and write the basic language of web pages."  While I'm at work this week, guess what my supervisor asks me:
"Hey Jamil, I know you studied architecture, but are you familiar with HTML?"


Not only is God faithful enough to plan that far in advance, but He's faithful enough to help me REMEMBER WHAT I LEARNED!!!!!!  Lol!  I'm done!  I can't even function at the moment!  I'm taking all of this Saturday just to reflect...thank you, Lord...I truly don't deserve You...

0 comments: