BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search My Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Road to "Happily Ever After", pt. 2

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!  Not only does Facebook declare it and the ring on her finger prove it, but now we've had our first marriage counseling session with P.K. (that's Pastor Keith, for those who don't know)!!!  It was a great time of encouragement--talking about what God has done in our relationship (see The Road to "Happily Ever After"), and about what makes us love one another.  I won't lie, what Alisha shared really blessed me.  I mean, when someone says that they love you, you rarely take the time to wonder/ask why.  Hearing her words made me pause, like, "She really thinks THIS much of me, huh?  Wow..."  To be honest, hearing her heart really prompted me to make the following post:


We've been engaged a full week, as of today, and man has it been a busy week!!!  We've wasted no time in looking up venues for the wedding ceremony/reception, possible caterers, honeymoon spots, and editing the guest list.  Right now, we're looking at a possible date in the Spring of 2011 (April or May).  A few of you are probably raising eyebrows at me, like, "Jamil, you almost sound excited about wedding planning..."  Lol!  Well, I am!  Throughout my life I was always told that the wedding was planned by the future wife and that the future husband had no say in anything.  ALL LIES!!!  Lol!  It's been so much fun working alongside Alisha in planning our BIG day!  Everything from colors and decorations to possible locations and guests...it's been a joy (though, I imagine it will be an even greater joy as decisions are made and things are nailed down).  I can't wait to update you all; especially since the wedding party has been picked out...  :-)  Updates to follow!

0 comments: